Thank you for deciding to participate in our study.
This is a questionnaire about melodic expectation.
The questionnaire consists of two parts: the first and shorter one contains questions about demographic information and musical education. The second part is the experimental block with 40 simple melodic expectation tasks. After you complete the first part, you will be given the instructions for the second part.
We ask you to find a quiet room. You will need speakers or headphones.
You will need approximately 25 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Study: Melodic expectation
- You are invited to participate in a study of melodic expectation. The study is a part of a Master’s thesis work by a student Špela Medvešek from the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. It is carried out under the supervision of Dr Matija Marolt (Laboratory for Computer Graphics and Multimedia) and Dr Anja Podlesek. The objective of this study is to examine the human ability of pattern prediction and compare it to the computer’s.
- If you decide to participate in this study, your task will be to assess the best continuation of musical excerpts.
- It will take you approximately 25 minutes to complete the questionnaire. You will not receive any compensation for your participation in the study.
- Participation in the study does not pose any special risks. In the event of fatigue or boredom, you can take a short break.
- Participation in the study is entirely voluntary and can be disrupted at any time during the trial without any consequences.
- We will do everything to protect your privacy. Your answers and the accompanying demographic information will be stored under a code. Your identity will by no means be exposed. Only group results will be publicly accessible and published.
- Should you have any additional questions, you can contact Špela Medvešek (mail).